Monday, January 4, 2010

Jumpstart 2010!

Let's Start 2010 with a month of resolution-friendly recipes!! So the next few recipes will be more health friendly (low fat or low calorie) SMILE :) This is one of my favorite recipes, very easy and family friendly:

Apricot Chicken :
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr
Ready In:1 Hr 30 Min


Ingredients
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 1/2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
1 (10 fluid ounce) bottle Russian-style salad dressing
1 cup apricot preserves

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place the chicken pieces in a 4 quart casserole dish. Mix the soup mix, dressing and jam together, and pour over the chicken.
Cover dish and bake for 1 hour in preheated oven.

Nutritional Information :
Calories: 456
Total Fat: 13.8g

I usually serve with whole wheat rice or couscous and a veggie.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen! I have been making this dish since I got married. My sister gave me the recipe except we also add canned pineapple chunks. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete